Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 2 Famous Last Words

Reading This Week
I got to read Cupid and Psyche this week, and it was definitely an interesting read. Half the time, I forget that this is a story within a story, where the old woman is telling this story to a young girl. The reading was easy, since the chapters weren't too long. I've never read this story before, so it was interesting to go along. I wasn't expecting the tasks set by Venus for Psyche, and definitely didn't expect her to allow Cupid and Psyche to marry in the end either.

Cupid and Psyche hiding (source: tumblr)


My Best Writing This Week
Personally, I think my best writing was my storytelling. I don't consider myself good at writing, and I very much rather prefer reading, but I think this one was pretty good. I had to cut down some words (first time that's ever happened... I usually don't write enough), but I think the thought and original intent for the story is still there.

Others' Writing
Someone's storytelling in this class, Adrienne, was particular good and interesting, I thought. She used the format of an online dating profile to tell her version of Cupid and Psyche. I really enjoyed reading it, and you can fine it here.

My Other Classes
Capstone is going well... I switched sections and enjoy this one very much. The teacher, Jeremy Short, is pretty cool and a good lecturer... meaning I don't find it boring.

Our field project project, which I thought initially was impossible, is turning out to be simpler than I thought, although we still have a lot of work to do. My group is also awesome, which is a plus.

Art therapy is very interesting. I enjoy it, but keeping a daily art journal is a bit hard, since I'm so forgetful.

Racquetball is tiring, as expected, but I think I'm getting better. Since it's early (8:30), I usually start out missing most of the balls since I'm still sleepy, but the amount of balls I miss is decreasing... I think

This class is definitely a joy. Although there is a lot of writing, which I don't particularly like, it's a good opportunity to improve upon it!


No comments:

Post a Comment