Monday, April 18, 2016

Week 12 Famous Last Words

Reading This Week
I read Aesop's Fables this week. They were again, very interesting and short. It is very interesting how the author comes up with these stories.

My Best Writing This Week
I think I did a pretty good job for my new story for my storybook this week. I chose to retell Hansel and Gretel, modernizing it a bit. My storybook is in the form of a chat show, and I had a little trouble at first figuring out which format I wanted to use. I ended up with using the initials and then colons to indicate who is talking. This week's was a bit hard, since there were two "guests" and I had to decide who spoke which part. I would lose track a bit in the middle of who's saying what, but I think I fixed all my errors in the end.

My Other Classes
I had an exam this week, and it was horrible. It was for MIS Field Project, which is essentially the capstone for MIS majors. I was kind of glad though, because EVERYONE else also thought the test was awful. It is kind of reassuring that it is supposed to be hard, because 65+ is a B on the exams. We also get next class to argue our point for the multiple choice questions, so there's an opportunity to gain some points. I personally did not argue the points, I had a friend do it for me, but I got an additional 8 points after that class. It kind of shows that I was on the right track, that my answers weren't all completely wrong.

Outside of School
This is not completely outside, but my parents are coming for graduation in a month! I haven't seen them (physically, since we FaceTime most nights) since Christmas break, so this will be nice. I still can't believe that I'm graduating, although not really, since I'm going to grad school, so I'm not totally done with school yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment